COACHING BOYS TEAMS FOR WYLC
WYLC will complete the CORI and get you a US Lacrosse number with the information you provide. All coaches are required to have an approved CORI and be active members of US Lacrosse to coach for WYLC.
Boys Coaches Grades 1-8 need to register with MBYLL to obtain a US Lacrosee number.
Do not make any payments on the MBYLL site—just complete registration
Required Boys Coaches Training and Registrations
MBYLL 2021 COACH REGISTRATION, COMPLIANCE, & CERTIFICATION
Please read below the MBYLL Coach Registration, Compliance & Certification requirements, and procedures. MBYLL has partnered with SafetyOne to have a platform the Coaches, Town Administrators and MBYLL leadership can all use to track this process.
Any questions, please email Kevin Barney at
1) ALL coaches (anyone who will assist with practice or be on the sideline at games) MUST have a 2021 MBYLL Coaching Badge. Anyone without a MBYLL Coach badge is NOT allowed on the sidelines for games as they are not Insured (putting everyone at risk should there be an incident) and they are not MBYLL Compliant (including lacking CORI and National Background Check approval).
- Each year, MBYLL will issue badges that are valid for that current season only to all coaches who complete Registration and Compliance.
- Coaches who attended an in-person Certification Clinic the previous season, or attend one that year, will receive a MBYLL Coaching Badge WITH a Certification Sticker (All Registration and Compliance requirements must be completed prior to receiving Badge with Sticker).
- All previous badges will no longer be valid.
- Coaches who attend an In-Person Certification Clinic will be considered Certified for 2 seasons. To receive a Coach Badge with Certification Sticker for the 2nd season, the coach MUST complete all registration and compliance requirements.
- We have extended certification for coaches who attended in 2019 or 2020 for an additional year due to no season being played in 2020.
2) ALL coaches MUST register on www.MBYLL.org starting December 22– NO cost to coach or town program to register
A. Coaches will be asked at Registration
i. Will they be attending a Coach Certification In-person Clinic (1 coach on every team must be MBYLL certified. Certification is good for 2 seasons)?
- YES – please send me the list of Clinics
- NO– I attended one in 2019 or 2020
- NO – I just need a Coach Badge, another coach on my team will be certified
B. RETURNING COACHES – Can log in to SafetyOne from link in registration confirmation and access their profile immediately to begin compliance requirements
C. NEW COACHES - Within 1 week of registering on MBYLL site, coach will receive an email invite to access their profile on SafetyOne to complete Compliance requirements and receive a Coach Badge for that year.
3) EVERY ADULT on the sideline of games MUST be wearing a 2021 MBYLL Coach Badge.
4) AT LEAST 1 ADULT on the sideline of each CLASSIC game MUST have a 2021 MBYLL Coach Badge WITH a Certification Sticker.
5) ALL ADULTS on the sideline of each SELECT game MUST have a 2021 MBYLL Coach Badge WITH a Certification Sticker
1) Intro To Coaching – Must be viewed and completed ONCE in a coaches tenure as an MBYLL coach.
2) National Background Check – Coach must be completed EVERY YEAR.
3) Abuse Prevention Training – Coach must complete course EVERY OTHER YEAR.
1) Coach MUST register on MBYLL.org
2) Coach MUST log into their SafetyOne profile and complete the National Background Check (no cost to coach or town program)
3) Coach must complete other compliance requirements if needed that year.
4) To receive a Coach Badge WITH Certification Sticker:
- Coach must have attended Certification Clinic in 2019 or 2020 OR
- Must register and attend Certification Clinic in 2021 (details to be announced in February)
5) If Coach did not attend a certification clinic in 2019 or 2020 and does not attend a Coach Certification Clinic in 2021, they will be mailed a Coach Badge WITHOUT certification Sticker as long as all other compliance requirements are completed.
NEW COACH FOR 2021
1) Coach MUST register on MBYLL.org
2) Coach MUST log into their SafetyOne profile and complete the following
- National Background Check (no cost to coach or town program)
- Abuse Prevention Online Training Course (no cost to coach or town program). Course takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- “MBYLL Intro To Coaching” Online Course – Course takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
3) If Coach answered that they WILL be attending a Certification Clinic, their 2021 Coach Badge with Certification Sticker will be given to them at the Clinic IF Section 2 above is complete at time of clinic.
4) If Coach answered that they WILL NOT be attending a Certification Clinic, a 2021 MBYLL Coach Badge WITHOUT Certification Sticker
Badges will be mailed out to them. Badges without certification will be mailed to coaches on March 16, or once coach has completed compliance requirements (whichever date is later).