Boys: 7/8 Classic SPRING 2021
- Multi grade, balanced teams.
- Practice 2x/week, Monday and Wednesday; Games on Sundays
- Uniform included with registration (reversible pinnie/shorts)
- Players bring their own lacrosse equipment, click for more information
- Games played on Sundays with some local travel to neighboring towns
- Practices will begin mid-March (weather permitting) and the season opens in March 31st
In addition, there will be an extra team, the SELECT Team, offered for boys who are interested in playing more lacrosse. This single grade based team will have one additional practice and game per week (2 day commitment). You must play on a Classic Team (attending both practices and games) to be eligible for the SELECT Team. By playing on the SELECT Team, your son is making a 5 day a week commitment to Wellesley Youth Lacrosse. Attendance will be monitored and reflected in game opportunities. Please note: This is a significantly larger commitment than we have asked for in the past.
To play on the SELECT Team, your son must play on a Classic Team and attend WMS or a school that does not offer school based lacrosse. This is an extra team for players who are not playing for another school lacrosse team. This team is for boys who are experienced lacrosse players. We will face a high level of competition which will be difficult if the player is just starting to play lacrosse.
If your son is interested in playing on the SELECT Team, after registering for a CLASSIC team, please click on the link in your confirmation email from WYLC or go back to registration tab and choose the Select Team Age Group. This will be a separate registration. Tryout will take place around the start of the season. The cost to play on this team is $250.
7th/8th Grade Eligibility Spring 2021
- For the Classic Team, the player must be a Wellesley resident or attend school in Wellesley.
- For the Select Team, the player must play on a Classic Team (with regular attendance) and attend WMS or a school that does not offer school lacrosse.
- For either team, your son can only play 4 years between 5th - 8th grade, regardless of his school grade. If your son repeats a school grade in middle school, he may choose to continue to play with his original grade or play with his new grade as long as he has not already played 4 years.
Questions please email this year's 7/8 coordinator: Ben Haddon firstname.lastname@example.org Christian Brennan email@example.com
Base Cost: $350.00
Open to: Boys
In Grades: 7 to 8 for 2020-21 School year